Ōtaki Community Board by-election 2021
The Kāpiti Coast District Council called for a by-election following the resignation of an Ōtaki Community Board member. Community Boards are an important part of local democracy and we encourage anyone who has an interest in representing the interests of, and advocating on behalf of, the Ōtaki community to get in touch with the Council.
As there was only one candidate for one vacancy, Cam Butler was declared duly elected to the Ōtaki Community Board on Tuesday 20 July 2021.
|Name||Known as||Affiliation||Address||Mobile/work phone||Email address|
|BUTLER, Cameron||Cam Butler||Independent||67 Paul Faith Lane, RD1, Ōtaki||021 703 095||[email protected]|
To check your enrolment, a copy of the Preliminary Residential and Ratepayer Electoral Roll to be used for the by-election is available for inspection at the following locations, during normal office hours:
- Paraparaumu Customer Service Centre, 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu
- Paraparaumu Library, 9 Iver Trask Place, Paraparaumu
- Ōtaki Library and Service Centre, 81–83 Main Street, Ōtaki.
The preliminary roll closes at 5pm on Tuesday 20 July 2021.
People may enrol or amend their enrolment details as outlined below.
If you live in the Ōtaki Community Board area (residential electors):
- complete the appropriate form, available at any of the above locations or at any NZ Post Shop, and returning it to the Registrar of Electors for the Otaki Electorate. These forms must be in the hands of the Registrar of Electors prior to the roll closing.
- access the Electoral Commission website on elections.org.nz
- telephone 0800 ENROLNOW (0800 36 76 56).
Non-resident ratepayer electors
If you pay rates on a property in the Ōtaki Community Board area, but live outside the area (non-resident ratepayer electors):
- Complete the Enrolment Form for Ratepayer Electors with your new or updated information.
Forms can be downloaded, or obtained from Council at the locations above.
- Return your completed form:
|in person to:||by post to:||by email to:|
Kāpiti Coast District Council
The Electoral Officer
- Public notice – Declaration of result Kapiti Coast District Council Ōtaki Community Board By-election
- Otaki By-election Nomination Form 2021 (PDF, 304.47 KB)
- Candidates' Information Handbook Ōtaki Community Board By-Election Condensed (PDF, 3.09 MB)
- Electoral Commissionlaunch
- Non Resident Ratepayer Enrolment Form (PDF, 188.87 KB)