Council of Elders Terms of Reference
To be an independent 'voice' for Older People in the community and to advise Council and Community on issues that concern and affect older people.
The Council of Elders has been established to work with the Council and Community, working to shape ideas and to influence and initiate policy.
- To advise Council and Community on issues within the Kapiti Coast Districtwhich affect older people;
- To act as an information conduit to and from Council for older people;
- To make submissions on draft policies and plans of Council;
- To have an overview of all the projects that came out of the Older Persons'Forums;
- To undertake consultation with the wider community;
- To formally report back to Council.
The Group will meet on a regular basis once every month from February to December.
The Social Wellbeing Manager or other nominee will be the point of contact at Kāpiti Coast District Council.
Membership from the community is open. Membership is on an individual basis not as representatives of groups. There is an expectation hat members attend the meetings of the Council of Elders on a regular basis and remain in contact with the needs of the older community.