Your Council


If you’re the owner of a coastal property and thinking of constructing a seawall, please get in touch with us early on in your planning.  You may need to apply for a building consent and/or resource consent for your work.

Council resource consent and Building team will work with you to clarify what consents you need.  The first step is a meeting to discuss your specific situation.

Note that in addition to Kāpiti Coast District Council consent(s), you may also need a Greater Wellington Regional Council coastal permit.