- About Council
- Have your say
- News and information
- Our towns improvements
- Districtwide investments
- Playground upgrades
- Job vacancies
- Plans and reports
- Partners and advisory groups
- Contact us
- Service status
Tasman Road water main upgrade
This project was archived on 28 October 2021.
We're installing a new water main along a 1.6-kilometre section of Tasman Road/Main Street, from the water treatment plant to Matene Street.
We're starting this work in May 2021, and expect to take 12 weeks, completing it in August. This planned upgrade will increase the capacity of the water network serving central and eastern Ōtaki, replace aging pipes and improve the network’s resilience.
The new water main will be installed in four stages:
- In the northern road berm from the water treatment plant, for 650 metres.
- Under the eastbound road lane of Tasman Road to the roundabout near Te Wānanga o Ōtaki, for 600 metres.
- In the centre of the road from the roundabout to Rangiuru Road, for 200 metres.
- On the north side of Main Street from Rangiuru Road to Matene Street, for approximately 120 metres. We will also widen this section of Main Street by moving the kerb on the north side of the road back approximately 1 metre from its current position.
Traffic management will be in place during the work.
Work will be carried out during Monday to Friday 7.30am–6pm, and Saturday 8am–4pm. Works are subject to change, and may be rescheduled due to bad weather or other unexpected events.