This page contains community guidelines based on mutual respect between users of the social media accounts of Kāpiti Coast District Council and the communication tools (including forums for posting) on any of our platforms.
About our channels
Kāpiti Coast District Council social media accounts are managed by the communications team. We reserve the right to vary, suspend or terminate any Council social media accounts at any time.
In May 2021 Facebook changed how pages can manage comments; this has led to us reviewing and updating our social media rules, as follows.
We welcome feedback and encourage robust community conversations on our social media pages. We’re committed to fostering an environment where everyone can feel safe, valued and respected. We will not tolerate harmful or offensive communications; this includes abusive or harassing posts and comments posted to our pages.
We reserve the right to delete or moderate these comments, and ban accounts or refer them under the Harmful Digital Communications legislation. Comments containing offensive language will automatically be hidden.
Messages and images on Council's social media pages must always be polite, appropriate and relevant, and follow the rules and guidelines below.
Users of our social media pages must not:
- post messages or images that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- post photos or videos of people without their prior consent
- post protected content copied from elsewhere
- post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once ('spamming')
- publicise personal information or contact details
- advertise products or services
- impersonate someone else.
By posting or commenting on our page, you agree to follow these guidelines:
- No personal attacks, name-calling or hate speech. Focus on the issue or topic, even if you might disagree with some of what’s being said.
- Think before you post. Ask yourself if your comment could hurt or offend someone, and how you would react if the comment was directed at you.
- Keep it polite.
Alert us to poor behaviour. Comments are post-moderated, meaning they are not checked by us before they appear. If you see anything the breaches these guidelines, tag us or send us a DM.
We reserve the right to remove any communication at any time in our sole discretion. Please report any objectionable information to us at: [email protected]. If an individual repeatedly violates this policy, that user may be blocked from posting in the future.
By making any contribution to any of our social media accounts or other platforms publicly - including comments, photos or videos – you're granting Kāpiti Coast District Council permission to reuse this content.