Opportunities and advice
There's a range of support, advice and opportunities available to our arts community, both from local and central government.
Support and advice
Our Arts and Cultural Services team are available to give advice and help to artists, arts organisations and the wider community. They also help foster partnerships between the artists and the wider community. They can also advise individuals and organisations involved in creative projects, including:
- funding for arts projects
- arts activity and resources available through the Council
- festivals, community events and art-related activities
- project development and resources
- funding and grants opportunities
- arts education and outreach
- audience development and promotion
- professional development and artist-in-residence programmes
- venues and exhibition spaces
- requests for proposals for public art projects.
Kāpiti has a number of exhibition spaces; find out more at Galleries and exhibition spaces.
You can also choose to take part in our flagship annual Kāpiti Coast Art Trail, which has been running for over 20 years. Find out more on the Kāpiti Coast Art Trail website.
You can see what grants and funding we have available at Grants and funding.
The Ministry of Culture and Heritage and Creative New Zealand may also support artists. Please visit their web pages for up-to-date information:
Strategies and policies
Council support for the arts is underpinned by a number of strategies and policies.