A property rating year begins on 1 July and ends on 30 June. It’s divided into four equal periods, each invoiced separately.
With your first invoice for the year, you’ll receive a Rates assessment notice. It tells you the total amount you’ll pay for the entire year, to both Kāpiti Coast District and Greater Wellington Regional Councils.
Throughout the year, you’ll receive four rates invoices, one every three months. They arrive about one month before their due date, and must be paid in full on or before the due date to avoid a penalty.
A 10 percent penalty will be added to any current instalment amount that remains unpaid after the due date.
See Payments for how to pay your rates.
- Kerbside Recycling (Nov 2022)[PDF 3.74 MB]
- Vote 2022: Wherever you pay rates you can vote (May 2022)[PDF 31 KB]
- Our coastline is changing (Feb 2022)[PDF 299 KB]
- We're looking at coastal hazards (Nov 2021)[PDF 545 KB]
- Long-term Plan 2021–41 update (Aug 2021)[PDF 250 KB]