There’s a lot going on at our Council, and we have a number of ways you can keep informed.
- follow our main Council Facebook page (we have other Facebook pages too – find out more below)
- follow our Council Instagram page
- follow our Neighbourly page
- download the free Antenno app to your mobile phone – find out more on our Antenno page
- sign up for our weekly email newsletter, Everything Kāpiti
- sign up for public notice email notifications
- sign up for our occasional newsletter for Kāpiti dog owners
- check out the latest media releases on our News page.
We've also made a list of official emergency information sources – see our Where to get official updates page.
We have a number of Facebook pages.
- Kāpiti Coast District Council
- Kāpiti Coast NZ
- Kāpiti Coast Libraries
- Coastlands Aquatic Centre
- Ōtaki Pool
- Waikanae Pool
- Kāpiti Art Trail
- Sustainable Communities Kāpiti
We use our Facebook pages for:
- sharing latest news and information
- getting informal community feedback on our activities and services
- building a community of people who care about the District.
If you're requesting a particular service, we might ask you to contact us via phone or email. This will help us to respond to your request effectively. If you need an immediate response, please call us on 0800 486 486.
We won't usually comment on political issues or get involved in debates.
If you have feedback for any of our elected members, you can contact them through our elected members page.
YouTube is a free video-sharing website that allows users to upload, share, and view videos. From time to time we'll upload videos to our YouTube channel about our activities, information and services.
We welcome your comments and encourage discussion. We ask that you're respectful with your comments and views. We reserve the right to remove comments which are disrespectful, rude, abusive, or considered spam.