Appointments for pre-lodgement of building consents
People will be able to book appointments to discuss their building consents with Council staff from 10 November.
Sharon Foss, Council’s Group Manager Regulatory Services says this move is in response from customers saying they would appreciate being able to book a time to come and lodge a building consent or make an enquiry rather than turning up at Council offices when sometimes a wait is involved if staff are busy with other people.
“We will still have time available for walk-in customers but our Call Centre will be able to book set times if this suits the customer better,” she says.
People will be able to book 30 minute appointments, by ringing Council (phone 0800 486 486), on:
- Monday - 2pm to 4.15pm (last appointment at 3.30pm)
- Tuesday - 9am to 12pm (last appointment at 11.15am)
- Wednesday - 9am to 12pm (last appointment at 11.15am)
- Thursday - 2pm to 4.15pm (last appointment at 3.30pm)
- Friday - 9am to 12pm (last appointment at 11.15am).
The process will be reviewed in six months to see how it is working and to look at how further improvements can be made to the service if necessary.