Community Grants recipients announced
6 Jun 2023, 1:10 PM
The Kāpiti Coast District Council Grants Allocation Committee has awarded Community Grants to 33 not-for-profit and community groups across a wide range of projects.
The Community Grant Scheme helps support community-based projects, programmes and events that contribute to achieving positive social outcomes for people living in the Kāpiti Coast District.
Kāpiti Coast District Councillor and Grants Allocation Committee Chair Nigel Wilson says this year the Community Grant Scheme focused on grassroots not-for-profit projects and activities providing a local service and responding to an identified need.
“Grants of up to $2,000 were available from a total pool of $40,000,” says Cr Wilson.
“Thank you to the 42 groups who made an application. This number reflects the strength and breadth of volunteer groups making Kāpiti a great place for our residents.
“This year’s 33 successful recipients will use their grants to fund projects that will help us build a resilient and sustainable community and improve outcomes for their participants.
“Their projects provide a wide range of services and support from social housing, benefit advocacy, and counselling to conservation, education, and health. We’re pleased to support their important work.”
The recipients of the 2023/24 funding round are:
- Actively Coping with Cancer
- Age Concern Kāpiti Coast Incorporated
- Benefit Advocacy Kāpiti
- Cross Roads Christian Community Trust
- Ellie’s Canine Rescue and Rehome
- Friends of Wharemauku Stream
- Good Bitches Trust
- He Tangata Village Trust
- Heart Kids Wellington
- KapiMana Multiples
- Kāpiti Autism Parent Support Group
- Kāpiti Coast Workers Educational Association Inc
- Kāpiti Community Foodbank Inc
- Kāpiti Horticultural Society
- Kāpiti Kindness Trust
- Kāpiti Women’s Health Collective Inc
- L’Arche Kāpiti
- Life Education Trust Kāpiti and Horowhenua
- Moore’s Meadow Trust
- New Zealand National Refugee Youth Council
- Ngā Manu Trust
- Ōtaki Promotions Group
- Ōtaki Stroke Support Group and Wellness Centre
- Ōtaki Toy Library
- Ōtaki-Waikanae Presbyterian Parish
- Our Lady of Kāpiti St Vincent de Paul Society
- Paekākāriki Community Trust
- Parent to Parent Wellington
- Te Aukaha/Ngatiawa Retreat Trust
- The Nest Collective NZ Charitable Trust
- The Shed Project Kāpiti
- The Wellington Multiple Sclerosis Society Inc
- Volunteer Kāpiti
More information about the Community Grant Scheme, including a list with all recipients and their projects can be found on the Council’s website at kapiticoast.govt.nz/community-grants