Raumati Road works commence
Works to upgrade the intersection of Raumati Road, Hillcrest Road and Goldsborough Avenue is scheduled to start this week.
This is the first step in a programme of improvements scheduled for Raumati Road and surrounding areas to address growing traffic volumes and increase safety and accessibility for all users of the road and adjacent pathways.
Works at the intersection include:
- site set up and surveying
- undergrounding of low overhead power/phone services
- the installation of a roundabout
- the addition of pedestrian refuges at each arm of the roundabout
- re-alignment of Goldsborough Avenue
- footpath improvements
- the construction of a shared path for cyclists and pedestrians along the north side of Raumati Road from the Expressway to the Weka Road triangle.
Infrastructure Services Group Manager Sean Mallon says there will be some disruption while these works are carried out but we aim to keep this to a minimum and traffic management will be in place at all times.
Works to upgrade the Weka Road triangle are expected to commence in May 2017 and improvements to the Matai Road T-junction are scheduled to start in June.
“The Raumati Road area links Paraparaumu town centre and State Highway 1 with Raumati Beach, so it’s really important that all users of the road and pathways - pedestrians, cyclists, people on mobility scooters and wheelchairs, motorists and those pushing buggies - can move through the area safely and efficiently,” Mr Mallon says.
All works on Raumati Road should be completed by the end of June 2017, weather depending.
More information and maps showing what specific works will be carried out on Raumati Road are at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/raumatiroadworks