Waikanae Community Board Grants
Community Board Grants are available to assist groups or individuals from the Waikanae Ward.
There are three grants administered by the Waikanae Community Board; the Waikanae Capital Improvement Grant, Waikanae Promotion Fund, and Discretionary Grants Fund.
- Applications must be made on the approved application form and addressed to Tracey Waye. For any questions please email or phone: 04 296 4643.
- Applications must be received no later than eight working days prior to the Waikanae Community Board meeting date in order to meet the reporting deadline.
All grant recipients are required to provide a short, simple report back on use of the funds, by completing an Accountability Report Back form outlining the benefits gained.
Any money NOT used for the purpose applied for is required to be immediately repaid to the Waikanae Community Board, Community Grants Fund.
Interest received on the Waikanae Capital Improvement Fund provides money for the Waikanae Capital Improvement Grant, which is made available once a year. Its purpose is to assist Waikanae organisations with capital projects, which must be of benefit to a significant portion of the Waikanae community.
For the purpose of this Grant, capital expenditure is considered to be money spent by an organisation to acquire equipment or to upgrade and improve assets, which may include items such as property or buildings.
The criteria for the Waikanae Capital Improvement Grant are as follows:
1. Projects must be of benefit to a significant portion of the Waikanae community;
2. There must be significant input of locally raised funds;
3. Grants must conform to the accountability requirements for other Council grants i.e. business plan and annual accounts must be provided for grants greater than $5,000;
4. Applications must be supported by at least three quotations (where appropriate) for the capital works for which funding is being requested; and
5. Applications must be for capital expenditure only. For the purpose of this application, capital expenditure is considered to be money spent by an organisation to acquire equipment or to upgrade and improve assets, and may include items such as property or buildings.
For more information and how to apply, see:
- Digital application form
- Capital Improvement Grant Criteria and Application form[DOC 100 KB]
- Capital Improvement Grant Criteria and Application form[PDF 119 KB]
The purpose of the Waikanae Promotion Fund is to support groups or individuals who, through their activities, are promoting the Waikanae Ward. This would include events or activities that contribute to making Waikanae a good place to live, attracting visitors to the area, or promoting Waikanae as a visitor destination.
- Promotion Fund Criteria and Application form[PDF 477 KB]
- Promotion Fund Criteria and Application form[DOCX 34 KB]
The Discretionary Grants Fund is to assist groups or individuals who promise a future input into the development of community, cultural or sports activities within the Ward.
In order to ensure that funds are managed carefully throughout the entire financial year, in November 2012 the Board introduced a set of grant allocation guidelines. This means that although up to $500 is payable per grant, applicants should not necessarily expect to receive that amount in full.
Applicants should view and familiarise themselves with the criteria and full information about the Discretionary Grants Fund.
- Discretionary Grants Fund Criteria and Application form[PDF 533 KB]
- Discretionary Grants Fund Criteria and Application form[DOCX 30 KB]