The long-term plan sets out our direction, our financial and infrastructure strategies and our budget for the 20 years.
Formal consultation on the draft Long-term Plan will start 7 April 2021
View feedback received during early engagement
Long-term Plan 2018–38
Our Long-term Plan 2018–38 for building a stronger Kāpiti together was adopted by the Council on 28 June 2018.
The long-term plan sets out our direction, our financial and infrastructure strategies and our budget for the 20 years from 2018 to 2038, with detailed planning included for the three years ahead.
Our long-term plan is in two parts, these can also be viewed from our libraries or service centres.
Download Part one in full, or individual sections:
Download Part two in full, or individual sections:
- Financial strategy
- Infrastructure strategy
- Revenue and financing policy
- Rates remission policy
- Significant forecasting assumptions
- Development contributions policy
- Significance and engagement policy
- Council controlled organisations statement
- Activity reconciliation
- Detailed schedule of capital spending
- Schedule of user fees and charges
- Your elected members.
A summary of the environment we operate in.
- Including relevant legislation
- Demographics of the district
- Our iwi partnership
- Our geography
- Housing and economy
- Our place within the region
- Our current vision
- The services we provide
- Our financial position
- Challenges and opportunities.
For more information please visit the following pages: