Council's Project Objectives for the Expressways
The New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) have invited Council to be a member of the project Alliance which is being set up to design and construct the MacKays to Peka Peka Expressway. The Council has agreed to consider being a member of the Alliance subject to NZTA agreement on a number of criteria. The first criteria is agreement of a set of project objectives.
After wide consultation with the community, on 22 April 2010, the Council adopted a set of 11 objectives. Council has authorised Chief Executive Pat Dougherty to negotiate membership of the Alliance based on these objectives, and to report back to Council on the outcomes of those negotiations.
The objectives tie back to the Council's strategy and policy on a number of levels and also to to regional, national and NZTA's public strategy and policy.
Preparation of the project objectives involved consultation through a series of community workshops and meetings with key stakeholders. The objectives and the background information are linked below.
- Adopted Objectives (PDF, 3 pages, 117Kb)
- Council paper - Adoption of Objectives for NZTA Expressway Alliance (DP-10-870) (PDF, 6 pages, 132Kb)
- Council paper - Attachment 1 - Objectives (DP-10-870) (PDF, 3 pages, 76Kb)
- Council paper - Attachment 2 - Summary and key finding from the public process (DP-10-870) (PDF, 4 pages, 70Kb)
- Council paper - Attachment 3 - Detailed feedback from community workshops (DP-10-870) (PDF, 10 pages, 171Kb)
Background information from the Community Consultation process can be viewed on the link below.
- Community Input on the proposed Alliance Objectives (PDF, 19 pages, 159Kb)