Kāpiti Coast Youth Council’s ThinkBIG grants are available for young people aged between 13 and 24 who are leading or facilitating a youth-led community project.
Shortlisted applicants will have interviews on Monday 29 May. See our Timeline for further details.
About the grants
In 2023, grants of up to $2,000 are available for projects that support positive change for our local youth, community, or even the world! This could include:
- an environmental project in your community
- a smoke-free event to promote healthy living at your school
- getting young people’s voices to Council or the Government on a particular issue.
Applications are assessed by Youth Council representatives, with eligible applicants invited to an interview to speak to their application. Successful applicants will be notified by June 2023 and projects must be completed or up and running by the end of the year.
|Monday 24 April 2023||Opening of applications|
|Sunday 21 May 2023||Closing of applications|
|Monday 29 May 2023||Shortlisted applicants interviewed|
|Early June 2023||Successful applicants announced|
Grants of up to $2,000 are available. Applications are open to groups, aged 13–24, for youth-led community projects. Individuals may apply if your project benefits others.
- be led and facilitated by a young person/young people aged between 13–24 years of age who live within the Kāpiti district; we welcome adult help with the project if needed
- have a positive impact or aim to make a change in your school, community, Aotearoa New Zealand, or the world
- not be religious or political in their purpose or content
- be started by the end of 2023.
- You should be willing to report back to the Youth Council about how your project went.
- You need an organisation/school that can receive the funds on your behalf (we can help you sort this if your project is selected).
- You can’t keep money made from running the project.
How to apply
Applications for funding closed 11pm, Sunday 21 May 2023. Applications received after the closing date can not be considered.
Electronic applications are preferred, but hard copies will also be accepted.
For more information, email [email protected].