Community Grant recipients announced
The Kāpiti Coast District Council Grants Allocation Sub-committee has awarded Community Grants to 21 applicants across a wide range of projects.
The Community Grant Scheme helps support community-based projects, programmes and events that contribute to achieving positive social outcomes for people living in the Kāpiti Coast District.
Chair of the Grants Allocation Sub-committee, Councillor Jackie Elliott, says Council was thrilled to receive so many quality applications from across the district.
“We want to thank everyone who made a submission. It’s a real testament to the strength of the community and volunteer groups we have here in Kāpiti.
“This year’s recipients will use their grants to fund projects that will help our community to thrive. Initiatives are wide ranging from providing services to our older people and restoring green spaces to adult education programmes and cultural projects for residents wanting to learn kapa haka, waiata and te Reo Māori,” Cr Elliott says.
The recipients of this year’s funding round are:
- Age Concern Kapiti
- Cross Roads Christian Community Trust
- Friends of Queen Elizabeth Park
- Heart Kids Wellington
- KapiMana Multiples
- Kapiti Autism Parent Support Group
- Kapiti Coast WEA Inc
- Kapiti Community Kapa Haka
- Kapiti Grey Power Association
- Kapiti Horticultural Society
- Kāpiti Kindness Trust
- Kapiti Women’s Health Collective
- Kāpiti Youth Employment Foundation (Work Ready Kāpiti)
- Kids Need Dadz
- L'Arche Kapiti
- Loss & Grief Centre Kapiti
- Ōtaki Promotions Group (OPG)
- Parent to Parent Wellington
- The Nest Collective NZ Charitable Trust
- Victim Support Kapiti
- Wellington Multiple Sclerosis Society Inc
More information about the Community Grant Scheme, including a list with all recipients and their projects can be found on the Council’s website at kapiticoast.govt.nz/community-grants