Independent chairperson sought for Kāpiti Coast Airport Noise Community Liaison Group
23 Feb 2023, 3:58 PM
Kāpiti Coast Airport Holdings Ltd and the Kāpiti Coast District Council invite applications for the position of independent chairperson of the Kāpiti Coast Airport Noise Community Liaison Group.
The purpose of the group is to consider and, where appropriate, make recommendations to Kāpiti Coast Airport Holdings Limited on aircraft noise issues and concerns that arise from the operation and activities at the Kāpiti Coast Airport. The Kāpiti Coast Airport Noise Community Liaison Group meets at least once per year.
Applicants are invited to submit a CV along with a covering letter showing skills, attributes and knowledge relevant to the work of the Kāpiti Coast Airport Noise Community Liaison Group.
Examples of skills, experience and personal qualities that an applicant should consider are:
- the ability to act independently and objectively
- the ability to understand community concerns and disseminate information relevant to the community
- the ability to ask relevant and pertinent questions, and evaluate the answers
- the ability to work constructively with management to achieve improvements
- a proactive approach to advising the Kāpiti Coast Airport Holdings Limited
- appropriate diligence, time, eﬀort and commitment
- broad governance experience
- the ability to understand technical advice and guidance on noise issues
- assist in the review of environmental management plans
The initial period of appointment would be three years from the date of appointment and attendance at meetings and associated expenses will be remunerated at the same rate as community representatives appointed to committee in line with Council’s Non-Elected Members’ Fees Framework.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24 March 2023.
For further information please contact Laura Willoughby, Principal Advisor on (04) 296 4700 or by emailing [email protected].