Other Council reports are provided on this page.
Climate/environment | Communities | Ecological | Evaluation reports | Housing and subdivision | Rural spaces | Territorial authority | Waste | Youth
- Climate emergency action - Delivering on our climate change commitments 2022[PDF 11.13 MB]
This report: summarises the climate actions agreed for the first three years of the Long-term Plan, highlights special projects that are either currently underway or planned within the next three years and reports on recently completed climate actions.
- Impacts of Climate Change on Key Primary Industries on the Kāpiti Coast 2012/13[PDF 367 KB]
This report reviews the 2007 NIWA report on climate change impacts on the Kāpiti Coast (NIWA 2007) excluding sea level rise with respect to the latest science on the topic. It also explores what these impacts are likely to have on primary industries and native plant species in the region.
- Climate Change Scenarios for Kāpiti Coast 2007[PDF 8.45 MB]
This report explores the likely effects of climate change on the Kapiti Coast region during the 21st century including changes to temperature, rainfall and sea level.
- Kāpiti Coast State of the Environment Report 1999[PDF 1.13 MB]
This document reports on the state of the environment within the Kāpiti Coast District and is the first report of its type produced by the Kāpiti Coast District Council. The report presents monitoring information gathered through the Council’s and other agencies monitoring procedures. It is one of the ways the Council is able to measure progress towards the objectives stated in the Kāpiti Coast District Plan.
- Building Communities: Kāpiti Coast's Greenest Street 2010-12[PDF 3.07 MB]
This report is the story of the 'Kāpiti Coast's Greenest Street' competition - an initiative of the Kāpiti Coast District Council.
- Community Outcomes Monitoring Report 2008[PDF 512 KB]
Council's progress towards the community’s previous vision and outcomes, showing the contribution to particular outcomes and how their contribution affects the whole vision.
- Wildlands Ecological Site Report 2003[PDF 1.43 MB]
This report documents the work undertaken on the Ecological Sites during the period October 2002 - May 2003. These Ecological Sites were among those identified in the Kāpiti Coast District Council Heritage Register, with a list of 138 Ecological Sites (being remnant forests or wetlands).
- No.8 Wire Week 2016 - Evaluation Report 2016[PDF 4.14 MB]
Between 16 and 24 July 2016 a week of practical workshops and other community events were run by the Council to help people become more resourceful, resilient, sustainable and connected to their community. This report summarises what happened, how well the objectives were achieved and what we can learn.
Housing and subdivision
- Housing – Not just a house, a life – Understanding Real Housing Need in the Kāpiti Coast May 2022[PDF 22.05 MB]
A summary of the vast array of data and findings from the qualitative Housing Needs Assessment to capture, in one place, the housing story of Kāpiti.
- Housing Demand and Need in Kāpiti District 2022[PDF 4.91 MB]
A wide range of data, including population, growth predictions, affordabiltiy, education and social outcomes and building trends data.
- Sustainable Subdivision and Development on the Kāpiti Coast 2003[PDF 987 KB]
This paper reviews the Council approach to subdivision and land development in general, and provides options to address issues resulting from the current approach.
- Rural Residential Living in the Kāpiti Coast District 2009[PDF 979 KB]
A significant programme of New Zealand research has been conducted over the last two decades on smallholdings and smallholders (people living in these properties). But these studies do not provide a detailed representative account of rural residential living issues in the Kapiti Coast District. This survey has been conducted in order to identify accurate characteristics and data for this specific area.
- Rural Productive Potential in the Northern Part of the Kāpiti Coast District 2005[PDF 1.53 MB]
This report, prepared in 2005 by a team from the Sustainable Land Use Research Initiative (SLURI), provides information on the rural productive potential in the northern region of the Kāpiti Coast District.
- Waste Minimisation Taskforce final report 2019[PDF 3.51 MB]
This report outlines the insights and opportunities identified by the Waste Minimisation Taskforce (WMTF) from an extensive range of issues, waste experts' advice, and visits to various waste-related sites. These insights and opportunities are aimed at lifting our district's waste management and minimisation performance, and making inroads to the 33 percent reduction target in waste going to landfill by 2026; the target identified in the WMMP 2017–23 .
- Survey of Solid Waste in Kāpiti 2013[PDF 1.56 MB]
The purpose of the survey was to determine the composition of waste-to-landfill from Kāpiti and identify the sources of this waste. Findings are summarised in the report.