Water standard drawings
Standard drawings are downloadable in pdf format from the links on this page, alternatively AutoCAD versions of the drawings are available on request.
- WS-001: Typical Mains Construction - reticulation main arrangements
- WS-002: Typical Mains Construction - distribution and trunk mains
- WS-003: Property Services - connection to main
- WS-004: Thrust Blocks - concrete block details
- WS-005: Thrust and Anchor Blocks - gate valves and vertical bends
- WS-006: Valve and Hydrant - identification markers
- WS-007: Mains and Rider Mains - sluice valve box and air release valve
- WS-008: Mains and Rider Mains - fire hydrants
- WS-009: Mains and Rider Mains - flushing points and gate/peet valves
- WS-010: Mains and Rider Mains - watermain diversion
- WS-011: Water Service Connection - typical connections with manifold
- WS-012: Water Service Connection - 50mm meter installation with RPZ
- WS-013: Water Service Connection - typical layout of >DN100 RPZ installation and fire supplies
- WS-014: Water Service Connection - dual restricted supply manifold
- WS-015: Water Service Connection - typical manifold for ROW and ridermain connections
- WS-016: Typical Layout of DN100 Fire Installation And Domestic Supplies 2021
Approved Water Supply Products and Materials
Land developments and infrastructure must be designed, approved and built to Council standards, national codes and regulations (such as building, plumbing and drain laying) using appropriate products and materials. Below is a link to the approved products and materials you can use with Council's water supply network.
If you have any questions, or wish to apply to include a product or material on the list, please contact the Water Asset Manager.
Rural Fire Tanks
The New Zealand Fire Services require 100mm female round thread couplings on all rural fire tanks. Coupling information and a connection diagram are available from the links below: