Submissions we have made
Take a look at the submissions we have made since July 2017 on issues, activities and topics that may affect Kāpiti residents.
- Ministry of Transport's Road to Zero: Draft Road Safety Strategy 2020-2030 - 12 August 2019
- The Kāinga Ora—Homes and Communities Bill - 1 August 2019
- The Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill - 2 July 2019
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment's Building System Legislative Reform Programme - 14 June 2019
- Greater Wellington Regional Council draft Annual Plan 2019/20 - 24 May 2019
- Ministry of Education's Reform on Vocational Education - 5 April 2019
- New Zealand Productivity Commission - Local Government Funding and Financing Review - 15 March 2019
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment - Residential Tenancies Act 1986 - 19 October 2018
- Ministry for the Environment's Proposed mandatory phase out of single-use plastic shopping bags - 28 September 2018
- Ministry for the Environment's Draft First Set of National Planning Standards - 16 August 2018
- Zero Carbon Bill - 19 July 2018
- The Local Government (Community Well-being) Amendment Bill - 23 May 2018
- Ministry of Transport Government Policy Statement (GPS) on Land Transport 2018 - 4 May 2018
- Greater Wellington Regional Council's draft long term plan 2018-2028 - 27 April 2018
- New Zealand Transport Agency's Ōtaki to north Levin (Ō2NL) preferred route shortlist - 22 March 2018
- Greater Wellington Regional Council Regional Land Transport Plan: Mid-term Review - 12 March 2018
- Greater Wellington Regional Council on better Metlink fares - 15 September 2017
- New Zealand Transport Agency's draft Long Term Strategic View - 3 July 2017
If you would like to view submissions made before July 2017, please contact the Research & Policy Team on 04 296 4700.
Building, Resource Consents and District Plan In order to undertake your development, you may need to apply for both a building consent and a resource consent. 2019 Pre-Election Report The pre-election report is an overview of the current position and direction of the Kāpiti Coast District to support the election process for the Council and Community Boards in October 2019. Everything Kāpiti Read this week's e-newsletter and sign up to get the latest on council activities, upcoming events and opportunities to get involved. Elections 2019 It's time to start thinking about running for your local Council in this year's Local Government Elections. Candidate nominations open in July - keep an eye here for upcoming info. Kāpiti Coast Aquatics If you're looking for exercise, recreation or swimming lessons, look no further, come along to Kāpiti Coast Aquatics facilities! Our libraries Find out all you need to know about the Kāpiti Coast District Libraries.