Council's Project Objectives for the Expressways
The New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) have invited Council to be a member of the project Alliance which is being set up to design and construct the MacKays to Peka Peka Expressway. The Council has agreed to consider being a member of the Alliance subject to NZTA agreement on a number of criteria. The first criteria is agreement of a set of project objectives.
After wide consultation with the community, on 22 April 2010, the Council adopted a set of 11 objectives. Council has authorised Chief Executive Pat Dougherty to negotiate membership of the Alliance based on these objectives, and to report back to Council on the outcomes of those negotiations.
The objectives tie back to the Council's strategy and policy on a number of levels and also to to regional, national and NZTA's public strategy and policy.
Preparation of the project objectives involved consultation through a series of community workshops and meetings with key stakeholders. The objectives and the background information are linked below.
- Adopted Objectives[PDF 118 KB] (PDF, 3 pages, 117Kb)
- Council paper - Adoption of Objectives for NZTA Expressway Alliance (DP-10-870)[PDF 133 KB] (PDF, 6 pages, 132Kb)
- Council paper - Attachment 1 - Objectives (DP-10-870)[PDF 77 KB] (PDF, 3 pages, 76Kb)
- Council paper - Attachment 2 - Summary and key finding from the public process (DP-10-870)[PDF 71 KB] (PDF, 4 pages, 70Kb)
- Council paper - Attachment 3 - Detailed feedback from community workshops (DP-10-870)[PDF 171 KB] (PDF, 10 pages, 171Kb)
Background information from the Community Consultation process can be viewed on the link below.
- Community Input on the proposed Alliance Objectives[PDF 159 KB] (PDF, 19 pages, 159Kb)