Grants Allocation Committee
Meetings are held in Council Chambers, Ground Floor, 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu.
The Committee meets in accordance with the meeting cycles associated with each of the granting programmes.
- Community Grants
- Creative Communities New Zealand
- Districtwide Facility Hire Remission
- Heritage Fund
- Waste Levy Fund
Chair: Cr Mark Benton
Deputy Chair: Cr John Howson
Members: Mayor K Gurunathan, Cr Janet Holborow, Cr Angela Buswell, Cr Jackie Elliott - along with community membership for each granting programme.
Representatives - Creative Communities New Zealand: Aden O'Connor (Youth Council), Vacant (Iwi), Paula Archibald (Community), Mary-Jane Duffy (Community), Jill Stansfield (Community)
Representatives - Community Grants: Janet Murray (Community), John Hayes (Community), Carol Reihana (Iwi)
This Committee will consider, and allocate grant moneys in accordance with the meeting cycles and criteria of five granting programmes. Key responsibilities will include assessing applications and allocating funds in accordance with each programme’s criteria, considering factors such as (but not limited to):
- the clear aims and objectives of the applicant;
- the project or event for which the grant is requested;
- where appropriate, evidence of a sound management structure, and good financial management;
- how closely the application fits with the scheme criteria;
- the identification and evaluation of local needs;
- the use of any previous money granted by Council or Creative New Zealand;
- the level of community involvement in the project;
- the expected outcomes and benefits of the service/project for the Kāpiti Coast District.
Agendas and meeting minutes
Meeting agendas, which include officer reports, and the minutes for each meeting are in PDF format and available for download or print from the links below.
|2019 Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes||Supporting PDFs|
|7 February - Heritage Fund||View[PDF 383 KB]||View[PDF 226 KB]||View|
|21 March - Waste Levy||View[PDF 902 KB]||View[PDF 1.03 MB]||View|
|28 March - Creative Communities NZ||View[PDF 425 KB]||View[PDF 2.35 MB]||View|
|16 May - Waste Levy||View[PDF 933 KB]||View[PDF 1.11 MB]||View|
|4 July - Districtwide Hall Hire Remissions||View[PDF 808 KB]||View[PDF 1.67 MB]||View|
|22 August - Community Grants||View[PDF 414 KB]||View[PDF 2.05 MB]||View|
|29 August - Creative Communities NZ||View[PDF 419 KB]||View[PDF 1.18 MB]||View|
Supporting PDF's - 21 March 2019 - Waste Levy
GAC Heritage Fund minutes 7 February 2019.pdf[PDF 226 KB]
GAC Waste Levy Minutes 21 March 2019[PDF 196 KB]
Amendments of Minutes (PP-19-814[PDF 139 KB])
GAC Creative Communities Minutes 28 March 2019 [PDF 449 KB]
GAC Waste Levy Minutes 16 May 2019[PDF 287 KB]
Community Grants Scheme 2019[PDF 170 KB] (PP-19-867)
Creative Communities Scheme: Consideration of Applications for Funding[PDF 299 KB] (PS-19-884)