Grants Allocation Committee
Meetings are held in Council Chambers, Ground Floor, 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu.
The Committee meets in accordance with the meeting cycles associated with each of the granting programmes.
- Community Grants
- Creative Communities New Zealand
- Districtwide Facility Hire Remission
- Heritage Fund
- Waste Levy Fund
Chair: Cr Mark Benton
Deputy Chair: Cr John Howson
Members: Mayor K Gurunathan, Cr Janet Holborow, Cr Angela Buswell, Cr Jackie Elliott - along with community membership for each granting programme.
Representatives - Creative Communities New Zealand: Aden O'Connor (Youth Council), Vacant (Iwi), Paula Archibald (Community), Mary-Jane Duffy (Community), Jill Stansfield (Community)
Representatives - Community Grants: Janet Murray (Community), John Hayes (Community), Carol Reihana (Iwi)
This Committee will consider, and allocate grant moneys in accordance with the meeting cycles and criteria of five granting programmes. Key responsibilities will include assessing applications and allocating funds in accordance with each programme’s criteria, considering factors such as (but not limited to):
- the clear aims and objectives of the applicant;
- the project or event for which the grant is requested;
- where appropriate, evidence of a sound management structure, and good financial management;
- how closely the application fits with the scheme criteria;
- the identification and evaluation of local needs;
- the use of any previous money granted by Council or Creative New Zealand;
- the level of community involvement in the project;
- the expected outcomes and benefits of the service/project for the Kāpiti Coast District.
Agendas and meeting minutes
Meeting agendas, which include officer reports, and the minutes for each meeting are in PDF format and available for download or print from the links below.
|2019 Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes||Supporting PDFs|
|7 February - Heritage Fund||View||View||View|
|21 March - Waste Levy||View||View||View|
|28 March - Creative Communities NZ||View||View||View|
|16 May - Waste Levy||View||View||View|
|4 July - Districtwide Hall Hire Remissions||View||View||View|
|22 August - Community Grants||View||View||View|
|29 August - Creative Communities NZ||View||View||View|
Supporting PDF's - 21 March 2019 - Waste Levy
Community Grants Scheme 2019 (PP-19-867)