Proposed District Plan – Appeals Version 2018 – Digital Published Copy
All rules in the Proposed District Plan (PDP) Appeals Version 2018 must be treated as operative.
All rules in the Operative District Plan 1999 (ODP), other than the listed coastal hazard provisions, must be treated as inoperative.
Find out more about the ODP coastal hazard provisions that remain operative.
The Proposed District Plan Appeals Version 2018 is published in three volumes.
Volume 1 sets out the Plan, which contains twelve chapters detailing how Council will put into effect objectives, policies and methods to achieve integrated management of the effects of land use activities in the District.
Volume 2 contains Appendices.
Volume 3 contains District Plan Maps.
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction and Interpretation
- Chapter 2 – Objectives
- Chapter 2A – District-Wide Policies
- Chapter 3 – Natural Environment
- Chapter 4 – Coastal Environment
- Chapter 5 – Living Zones
- Chapter 6 – Working Zones
- Chapter 7 – Rural Zones
- Chapter 8 – Open Space and Private Recreation and Leisure Zones
- Chapter 9 – Hazards
- Chapter 10 – Historic Heritage
- Chapter 11 – Infrastructure, Services and Associated Resource Use
- Chapter 12 – General Provisions
Chapter 3 – Natural Environment
Chapter 5 – Living Environment
- Appendix 5.1: Medium Density Housing Design Guide
- Appendix 5.2: Ōtaki Beach, Raumati, Paekākāriki Special Charter Areas: Design Guidelines
- Appendix 5.3: Ferndale Area Structure Plan and Notations
- Appendix 5.4: Pekawy Development Area Structure Plan and Notations
- Appendix 5.5: Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Guidelines
- Appendix 5.6: Waikanae North Design Guide
- Appendix 5.7: Ngārara Zone Structure Plan
- Appendix 5.8: Ngārara Zone Management Principles
Chapter 6 – Working Environment
- Appendix 6.1: Paekākāriki Village Centre Design Guide
- Appendix 6.2: Meadows Precinct Design Guidelines
- Appendix 6.3: Meadows Structure Plan
- Appendix 6.4: Structure Plan for Development of Lot 2 DP 441854 (Milne Drive, Paraparaumu)
- Appendix 6.5: Ōtaki South Precinct Structure Plan
- Appendix 6.6: Design Guide for Airport Zone
- Appendix 6.7: District Centre Zone Structure Plan
- Appendix 6.8: Concept Plan for Industrial/Service Land at Paraparaumu Quarry
- Appendix 6.9: Centres Design Principles
Chapter 7 – Rural Environment
- Appendix 7.1: Peka Peka North Rural-Residential Development Area
- Appendix 7.2: Ngārara Precinct Structure Plan
- Appendix 7.3: Ngārara Precinct Management Principles
- Appendix 7.4: Waikanae North Eco-Hamlet Zone Structure Plan
- Appendix 7.5: Ōtaki North Eco-Hamlet Zone Structure Plan
- Plan Zones Maps (Part A)
- Plan Features Maps (Part B)
- Natural Hazards Maps (Part C)
- Natural Features Maps (Part D)
Transport Hierarchy and Aerodrome Maps
Public Notice: Withdrawal of Standard 2 of Rule 11B.1.1 (hydraulic neutrality)
On 1 May 2019, Standard 2 of Rule 11B.1.1 was withdrawn from the Proposed District Plan (PDP). You can view a copy of the Public Notice – Withdrawal of parts of the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan 2012.
Clause 16 amendments
Amendments have been made to the PDP Appeals Version, including corrections to address minor errors (known as clause 16 amendments). Memos outlining clause 16 amendments are:.
The Council has also received a number of Consent Orders by the Environment Court which require amendments to the PDP. These Consent Orders are related to Appeals on the PDP. Further information on the Appeals against the PDP can be found at Appeals on the PDP.