Public Notice of Proposed Plan Change 2 to the Operative Kapiti Coast District Plan 2021 using the Intensification Streamlined Planning Process
Section 80F and Part 6 of Schedule 1, Resource Management Act 1991
The Kāpiti Coast District Council has prepared proposed Plan Change 2 (PC2) to the Operative Kapiti Coast District Plan 2021 (District Plan). PC2 is an Intensification Planning Instrument under section 80E of the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA). The purpose of PC2 is to:
- incorporate the Medium Density Residential Standards (MDRS) into the District Plan and give effect to the intensification policies (Policies 3 and 4) of the National Policy Statement on Urban Development 2020 (NPS-UD);
- provide for tangata whenua to develop papakāinga housing; and
- amend financial contributions provisions.
- re-zoning a number of smaller areas adjacent to existing urban areas as General Residential Zone;
- incorporating design guides into the District Plan; and
- replacing all references to the Council’s Subdivision and Development Principles and Requirements 2012 document with references to the Land Development Minimum Requirements April 2022
The following persons may make a submission on the proposal:
- the Kāpiti Coast District Council; and
- any other person may make a submission but, if the person could gain an advantage in trade competition through the submission, then the person may do so only if the person is directly affected by an effect of the proposal that:
- adversely affects the environment; and
- does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
You may make a submission by sending a written submission to Kāpiti Coast District Council at 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu 5032 or by email to [email protected]. The submission must be in Form 5 of the Resource Management (Forms, Fees and Procedure) Regulations 2003, and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Copies of a template form based on Form 5 are available from the Paraparaumu Civic Building at 175 Rimu Road, or online at kapiticoast.govt.nz/GuidesAndForms/#PlanChange2.
Submissions close 5pm Thursday 15 September 2022.
In summary, the process for public participation in the consideration of PC2 under the RMA is as follows:
- after the closing date for submissions, Council will prepare a summary of decisions requested by submitters and will publicly notify where the summary and submissions can be inspected;
- along with Council, no later than 10 working days after the day that public notice of submissions is given, the following persons can make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, submissions already made:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest; and
- any person who has an interest in the proposal greater than the general public has;
- an independent hearings panel (IHP) will hold a public hearing into submissions on PC2 and make recommendations to the Council on the provisions of PC2 and matters raised in submissions; and
- the Council must notify its decision on the recommendations of the IHP no later than 20 August 2023.
The RMA does not provide for appeals to the Environment Court against Council’s decision.
Gary Simpson, Acting Chief Executive
Kāpiti Coast District Council
The date of this notice is 18 August 2022.
The address for service is the same as those set out above for submissions.